20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
What can a winemaker do to ease the shelter in place burden? Hand deliver wine, of course. Members of our growing 'Dysfunctional Family' wine community receive their bottles of wine, sometimes in a direct handoff, sometimes over the fence. This was in early April 2020...
Vineyard pruning in March
Rescuing a downed Red Tail Hawk, sadly this story doesn’t end well…
Organic grape and wine farming: Thanks to the support from all of our Hydeout Sonoma vineyard clients, we are a 100% organic farming operation. As the debate continued, I invite you to take an in-depth look at the differences between a conventional vs. organic growing...