Vineyard, Wine, And Brand Consulting
20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
Sonoma land owners trust Hydeout Sonoma Consulting with their vineyard construction, vineyard management, winemaking, and brand development. Since 1999 I have been consulting to wonderful private clients – from tech execs in Silicon Valley to second-home owners in Sonoma – who trusted me to build their vineyards, manage their farming, make their wine, and develop their brands. With lots of help from so many good people – employees, friends, colleagues, and key vendors – we’ve built and farmed in excess of forty unique vineyards and made dozens of special wines across more than fifteen vintages. Without exception, our clients have been kind and thoughtful people with interesting careers across many fields. They all placed their trust in me. That trust continues to be an honor and a privilege.
for Blog Updates
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
Here is your Sunday Morning just before brunch wine podcast. While you were sleeping, Sonoma Valley was hard at work harvesting wine grapes at night. You might ask, "hey Ken, what's it like to prepare for a night harvest?" I'll tell you...Are the grapes ready?, where...read more
On a gorgeous Sonoma evening, Dysfunctional Family Winery made its official and exceptionally grand public debut. The town mayor sang the star bangled banner (no, she did not). The Wine Spectator immediately awarded 100-points and declared it the 'wine of the century'...read more
Focusing on vacation rentals is a bit afield from our usual topic - Sonoma grapes and wine. It's all well and good to grow great grapes, make delicious wine, and build beautiful wineries. But we'd better have customers to enjoy it all. Many growers and winemakers rely...read more