20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
Here at the Hydeout, we have many projects going on around the property.The latest addition being a chicken coop! Many friends in Sonoma have backyard chicken coops and we thought it would be great to join in on the fun. Raising chickens on property is part of a...
The last ton of grapes is safely in the winery, and in celebration of the end of the 2019 harvest Hydeout Sonoma hosted a BBQ lunch for the whole hard-working winery team. The joke is that 'it takes a lot of beer to make good wine', and in this case, yes, guilty as...
Update: This is a video from the Hydeout Sonoma ranch cam at 4 AM Sunday night, October 27th, just before the power went out. This blog post below was intended to be a celebration of this year‘s harvest, but with the epic wind/fire/power outages and the suffering...