20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
for Blog Updates
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
Yes, I am. Have I found you on the beach in Maui? On top of Mt Whitney? Out by the pool? At the gym? Or maybe at work on your computer? I will be sharing images of the re-construction of an iconic Cabernet vineyard in the next blog post. But while we wait for the...
For over 20 vintages, I have been a loyal customer of Ganau America, a cork company based in Italy, with natural cork sourced from Sardinia and Portugal. Join me on a pictorial journey through their impressive Sonoma processing facility... The cork arrives in bundles...
Update - May 29th, 2019 - Republishing this blog post with more current information - the rain is over, the sun has arrived, and the vineyards have dried out enough to rush labor and tractors into the vineyards. As of today, it looks like we avoided most of the...