20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
for Blog Updates
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
Very excited to make this 'world premier' announcement...for almost a year, famed documentary filmmaker Joe Daniel followed over a dozen Sonoma hobby grape growers and home winemakers through the 2018 season. The resulting film "Tiny Vineyards" is premiering at the...read more
As I happily enter my 20th wine vintage (1999-2019), please join me for a quick look back... What started in 1999 as a small vineyard development company (Post and Trellis Vineyards in Burlingame, Ca.) grew in 2003 to include a winery (La Honda Winery in Redwood City,...read more
From my view on the Advisory Board of the Sonoma Valley High School Agri-Tech Academy, I get a first-row seat to watch some of our best and brightest explore their love of farming and plan for their (and our) wine and food futures. Pictures are worth a thousand words,...read more