Vineyard, Wine, And Brand Consulting
20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
Sonoma land owners trust Hydeout Sonoma Consulting with their vineyard construction, vineyard management, winemaking, and brand development. Since 1999 I have been consulting to wonderful private clients – from tech execs in Silicon Valley to second-home owners in Sonoma – who trusted me to build their vineyards, manage their farming, make their wine, and develop their brands. With lots of help from so many good people – employees, friends, colleagues, and key vendors – we’ve built and farmed in excess of forty unique vineyards and made dozens of special wines across more than fifteen vintages. Without exception, our clients have been kind and thoughtful people with interesting careers across many fields. They all placed their trust in me. That trust continues to be an honor and a privilege.
for Blog Updates
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
Very excited to make this 'world premier' announcement...for almost a year, famed documentary filmmaker Joe Daniel followed over a dozen Sonoma hobby grape growers and home winemakers through the 2018 season. The resulting film "Tiny Vineyards" is premiering at the...read more
As I happily enter my 20th wine vintage (1999-2019), please join me for a quick look back... What started in 1999 as a small vineyard development company (Post and Trellis Vineyards in Burlingame, Ca.) grew in 2003 to include a winery (La Honda Winery in Redwood City,...read more
From my view on the Advisory Board of the Sonoma Valley High School Agri-Tech Academy, I get a first-row seat to watch some of our best and brightest explore their love of farming and plan for their (and our) wine and food futures. Pictures are worth a thousand words,...read more