20 years of expertise applied to private client projects
specializing in small production premium brand development
• Kenwood, Sonoma – project driven by client’s ownership of prestigious hillside vineyard, now fully remediated, yield and quality has returned, now producing wine, and developing and executing a complete re-branding for client’s formerly under-performing wine label
• Napa, Monticello Road – managing existing Cabernet vineyard, leading development of additional vineyards, eventually building a strategy for the introduction of the estate’s wines.
• Lake County – 40+ acre feasibility resulting in market rate sale to acclaimed Beckstoffer Vineyards.
• Bennett Valley Road – remediation, replants, grafting, and on-going management of fully organic farming operations for 10-acre Syrah and Pinot Noir vineyard for well known Glen Ellen, Sonoma brand
• Sonoma Valley – reconceiving client’s existing premium brand including recovery of old vineyards, micro-winery use-permit, tasting room real estate, brand strategy, and budgets.
• Sonoma Mountain – management of mixed-varietals vineyard, custom crush winemaking, development of new brand and distribution strategy, and micro-winery design, cave, permits, and construction
• Rancho Feliz – development of new brand name and strategy, vineyard management, and winemaking for prestigious hillside Cabernet project
• Carneros – preliminary soil, water, and site conditions study for vineyard development, vineyard now planted and producing, micro-winery design and event permit in process
• Carneros – directing revitalized farming operations for high-density cool-climate Syrah vineyard
Dysfunctional Family Winery announces the launch of our online presence - subscribers and followers receive a special discount! For the holidays, subscribers and followers receive an instant 20% discount on all orders through January 3rd. Ready to shop? Click here....
Another grape harvest in the books. 22 vintages for me. And what a vintage 2020 has been. The winery established a 'no visitor' employees-only policy, so no client visits this season. We've all been functioning as a tight pod. And hanging over the entire harvest were...
A smoky harvest like no other... Pandemic, wildfires, smoke, and riots. And who can forget the electromagnetic solar pulse that destroyed the electrical grid! While all this mayhem has been going on, the Sonoma wine industry has been grappling with a grape harvest...