Coming in 2019
- Description: a deep dark field blend of 3 red varieties
- Components: 92% Sagrantino, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Sangiovese
- Production: 125 cases per year
- Farming – hand farmed and fully organic
- The story of Sagrantino – In the area of Montefalco, in the provence of Perugia, in the Umbria region of central Italy is an indigenous grape variety called Sagrantino. Sagrantino is a a very thick-skinned grape which translates into powerful, dark, inky wine, making Sagrantino one of the most tannic grape varieties in the world. And since Sagrantino’s tannins are more sweet than bitter, an aged Sagrantino will often develop silky ripe tannins offering extraordinary richness. In our modern world of instant gratification and of ‘drink now’ wines, we are fascinated by our Carneros Sagrantino, a wine that is at its best when cellared and aged.
- Member, Sonoma Valley Vintner’s and Grower’s
(Visited 352 times, 1 visits today)